Ertalyte is one of your best choices for close tolerance parts, precision mechanical parts and parts that require high load and wear endurance. Its high strength, low coefficient of friction and acid resistance add up to impressive dimensional stability. Ertalyte is unreinforced, semi-crystalline thermoplastic polyester. It is manufactured from proprietary resin grades and is based on polyethylene terephthalate (PET-P).
- Low moisture absorption – effective in both wet and dry environments
- Stain, chemical and abrasion resistance
- Greater acid resistance than nylon or acetal
- High rigidity and stiffness provides superior strength
- Performs well in high pressure and high velocity environments
- Continuous Service Temperature of 100 degrees Celsius
Ertalyte TX is an internally lubricated thermoplastic polyester providing enhanced wear and inertness over general purpose nylon (PA) and acetal (POM) products. Containing uniformly dispersed solid lubricant, Ertalyte TX provides a lower wear rate and coefficient of friction than unmodified polyesters like PET or PBT and even internally lubricated materials like Delrin AF blend.
Ertalyte TX excels under both high pressure and velocity conditions. It is also ideally suited for applications involving soft metal and plastic mating surfaces.
Consider Ertalyte for parts in equipment and food processing industries, manifolds, pharmaceutical equipment, and machine bushings and bearings where start up and running lubrication are not required.
- Provide Ertalyte in sheet, rod, tube and plate form
- Machine replacement parts for you based on your existing parts
- Advise what parts or components would be suited to the unique properties of Ertalyte
- Consult with you about your new design or fabrication needs that will benefit from Ertalyte
- High tensile and compressive strength
Because of the unique properties of Ertalyte it machines differently from materials such as nylon and acetal. Ertalyte also has less resistance to hot water than other plastics.
Please contact us about best practice design, fabrication and application.